Minister in charge of Discipleship and Growth
|Employer||RCCG – Living Word Liberation Centre -HGZ|
|Department||Mission and Outreach|
|Reporting to||Senior Pastor and Senior Ministers|
|Position Type||Full-time 37.5 hrs p/wk (expected to work inconvenient hours)|
|Required qualification||Must be appointed by a Pastor, graduate degree from any background|
|Required skills||Leadership, Public Speaking, empathy and ethics|
Main duties and Responsibilities
To perform spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of Living Word Liberation Centre faith, and provide motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of congregations and parishes, and the wider community.
- Raising a team to work with
- Lead initiatives that will help develop visions and focus and aid in realizing Church growth initiatives.
- Conducting research on what the department entails from: other organizations, Churches, Internet, libraries, Books, etc.
- Set goals with target dates for your department. Your requirements for the department may also be submitted to the Senior Pastor.
- Setting up administrative structure to enable your department function optimally to achieve your set goal.
- Attend punctually Sunday, midweek, vigils, prayer meetings and other Church functions as may be required.
- Attend Head of Department meetings when required (accompanied by your assistant Coordinator.
- Inform the Parish Pastor/Assistant when unable to attend any Church meeting or when traveling
- Discuss any challenges you may encounter with Pastor or any Senior Minister.
- Ensure you and your team members attend the Sunday’s workers’ prayer meeting.
- Inform Pastor of any non- compliant worker for the purpose of counseling and/ or disciplinary action agreed by all workers
- Other responsibilities that will make the Living Word Liberation Centre what God intended it to be in relation to conduct and Christian discipline.
Essentials and other requirements:
- Attend & Pass the 10 Weeks Leaders’ Training Course & Workers Training (if applicable).
- Attend all services where humanly possible. This will include; Sunday, Bible study, vigils, prayer meetings and other Church functions as may be announced. In cases where you are unable to attend, inform the senior minister of your intention of non-attendance with reason.
- Attend leaders meeting as and when required.
- Support initiatives that will help develop visions and focus and aid in realizing Church growth initiatives
- Ensure members of your team attend and complete the foundation of faith class.
- Regularly attend Discipleship class (Sunday school).
- Ensure all workers attend Sunday workers’ prayer meetings.